Dearborn Congregational United Church of Christ provides opportunities for worship, spiritual growth, fellowship and service in a small congregation where all are valued and supported wherever they are on their individual faith journeys.
Sunday, June 26, 2022 Worship Service Video
Sunday, June 19, 2022 Worship Service Video
Sunday, June 12, 2022 Worship Service Video
Sunday, June 05, 2022 Worship Service Video
- Farewell to All and God Bless!
We gather today one last time in this church building which has been our faith community home. The pulpit, the communion table, the baptismal font, this whole worship space, enable us to thankfully remember the countless services of worship and sacraments celebrated here, and bring to mind the ministers and lay leaders who have led worship. Wherever you go on your faith journey, we hope the memories that you have of Dearborn Congregational Church and the friendships you made with fellow believers will remain with you forever. For all this and more, loving God, we are eternally grateful to You.
Neither death, nor life...nor things present, nor things to come…nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate
- Thanks, To all our members and friends who participated in the Kroger Community Rewards Program which started in 2008 – THANK YOU
Please be sure to change your charitable donation from the church to somewhere else as we will no longer be receiving checks from Kroger. Just go to:
https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards sign in and select SEARCH FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION HERE. The same is true for those who participated in Amazon Smile – please change your donation to another non-profit entity.
- Collecting Church Keys from Members: We ask anyone with a key to the church (including a garage key) to please return it. If you have a key in your possession and you won't be needing it in the final month we are here, please return it to the church office. You can put the key in an envelope with a note, including your name, and place the envelope on the desk in the office OR give your key to John Peters. Thank you.
- Trustees Meeting: The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for this Tuesday, June 28 at 1:30 pm.
- Church Furniture for Members: Any of the furniture in the Mayflower Room
is available to any member who's interested. A reasonable donation is suggested.
ALSO, there are still shelf units and other big items in the classrooms
available for a small donation. Items in this category include the
book carts, clothes racks, and card tables. Folding chairs are also available.
See John Peters, Moderator, or send him an email
(email@example.com) if you are interested in anything. These items can
be taken home any time it's convenient, including Sundays after the service.
- FREE Items for Members: There remain many small items in the 4 classrooms
and library. These are FREE and include books, toys, games, supplies,
& household and decorative items. You're welcome to take home
what you want at any time, such as after a Sunday service.
- Altar Flowers: If you'd like to dedicate flowers in memory of, or in honor of, loved ones or people in the church; or to recognize special occasions like an anniversary, all weeks in JUNE are OPEN. Just call the office (313-271-8552) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Sunday when you'd like flowers for the altar and details of your dedication. The cost is $15, payable to 'DCC', and can be put in the offering plate on Sunday or dropped off/mailed to the church. Payment should be made in advance.
- Watch Past Sunday Services on YouTube!: If you go to our website and click on a Sunday service to view it, click on 'Dearborn Congregational Church UCC' under the video screen, then wait for the next page to load and choose the 'VIDEOS' menu item on that page to bring up a complete library of our Sunday services for the year, dating back to the end of February
- View the Sunday Bulletin Online!: The bulletin is loaded on our website every week BEFORE the Sunday service. It's posted by Friday evening. Just go to www.dccdearborn.org and click on 'DCC Home' at the top of the page, then on the last link 'Weekly Bulletin'. The first entry on the next page is the current bulletin. You will see two separate columns side-by-side: 'Worship' and 'Announcements'. To see the Order of Worship, click the word 'Worship'. To see the announcements, prayer list, and flower dedication, click the word 'Announcements'. Those who watch live on Facebook on Sunday mornings can check the latest post on the church Facebook page for links that instantly take you to the bulletin.
- Prayer List Update: We've updated the prayer requests listed in our Sunday bulletin. If someone's name has been removed and they are still in need of our prayers, please contact the church office at 313-271-8552 to have their name added back on the list. To keep our list current, we will date when the prayer request is received and after a month, unless it is renewed, it will be removed.
Photos courtesy of Teresa Curless.
Tom Brown Webmaster
Created October 2011