Sunday School at Dearborn Congregational Church welcomes children ages 3 - 11 to attend
class during the worship hour. Children worship, sing and participate in hands on
lessons in age appropriate groups. Throughout the year they participate in service
projects, field trips, and church programs including:
Children's Sunday Participation
- Children participate in a monthly worship presentation to the congregation. It can be song, poetry, or a play.
- Children create artwork that adorns the bulletin covers.
Rally Day Celebration:
- Ice cream social and other fun activities to celebrate the first day of Sunday School
The Congregation enjoys Rally Day: September 7, 2008
This year's celebration included a prayer/praise circle, ice cream social and presentation by
Dearborn Police Chaplain Gordon Morse of the canine unit.
Breakfast With Santa
The children, along with the Christian Board of Education, host Breakfast with Santa for the congregation
Sunday School Celebration
- The Sunday School children and teachers are celebrated at a special worship service and
fellowship hour at the last day of Sunday School in May. Singing and dancing are had by
all, as well as presentation of gifts to children and Sunday School staff.
- In 2009 the flower cross was resurrected (after many years in storage), and added to the
celebration. Children adorned the cross with fresh flowers.